11 October 2013

MY THIRTEEN 'I WILL NEVER...' LIST (FOR INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE GIRL CHILD)



Guest Writer: Mary Ajayi
(Thirteen 'determination points' of a teenage youmg lady for International Day of the Girl Child,  2013) 
                    
MY THIRTEEN ‘I WILL NEVER…’ LIST

*I will never stop dreaming.

*I will never fail to make plans.

*I will never live without principles.



*I will never confine myself within the borders of traditional reasoning.

*I will never conform to the beliefs that do not strengthen and empower the girl child..

*I will never seize to stop encouraging and charging girls like me to dream big, be courageous and sacrifice whatever it will take to realize these dreams.

*I will never let anyone look down on me nor despise my youth.

*I will never seize to be creative, always, seeking ways to improve my society.

*I will never seize to be an agent of change wherever I find myself.

*I will never let anything distract me from reading, reading, and reading again every constructive material that will serve to develop me.

*I will never let my voice be silenced by negative societal forces.

*I will not sell my voice for any price.

*I will speak, write, and fight for equality in my society even as I seek to create other necessary changes.

So help me God and all those with resources, now and always. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment